- If you get mascara on your face, wait a few minutes and it will pick right off.
- For extra moisture on the skin, apply your moisturizer first then spray on a moisturizing toner. I like the toner from Lush.
- If eyelash glue gets stuck in the lash line, remove it using an oil based cleanser like the one from Josie Maran.
- Freshen up the look of a room by getting new pillows and lamps.
- When you are done blow drying your hair, use the cool shot on your hair. This will set the style of the hair and add shine.
- Subscribe to Life’s Candy Jar and receive email notifications every time I post :)
- When applying foundation, use downward motions. This will make all the little peach fuzz hairs on the face lay down.
- Never drag or pull anything on your face. You never want to do anything that will stretch the skin out. As you age the elastin in the skin will not be as strong and pulling on the skin will cause wrinkles.
- Avoid putting your hands on your face, eyes and mouth. Hands carry a lot of dirt and germs. Putting your hands on your face is a quick way to clog up pores and cause breakouts. (I swear I’m not a germaphobe!)
- To extend the life of your hair color, wash your hair as little as possible and in as cold of water as you can take.
- If you have limited time to do your makeup and can’t do any eye makeup follow these quick steps: Curl eyelashes, apply MAC Pro Longwear Concealer all around the eye area, including the eye lid. Then apply a highlighting shadow in the inner corner of the eye and on the brow bone. I like to use MAC Shroom, Stila Kitten or Becca Highlight in Opal. Then finish the rest of the face. Doing these quick steps will open the eye area and make you look more awake.
- Before you get in the shower brush your hair from scalp to ends. This will bring the natural oils through all of your hair. Try this “wet brush“, you can literally rip through your hair (wet or dry) and it painlessly gets your knots out. Works great on kids too!
- Exfoliate first, then shave; never the other way around.
- Use an under eye concealer 1 shade lighter than your foundation. This will naturally create a brighter, more open eye.
- When you feel tired or have a headache try drinking a glass or 2 of water. Some times you feel this way from dehydration.
- If you experience hormonal breakouts, typically around the mouth/chin area, reduce your dairy intake and you will notice a difference.
- Be conscience of what you are eating/drinking. Example – asking for ez mayo at Jimmy John’s will save you over 200 calories! The sandwich tastes better (my opinion) and then I get to eat some chocolate guilt free.
- Switching up your skin care will keep your skin guessing and make the products more effective. Consider changing your products every 2-3 months.
- If you use the same perfume every day your nose will eventually get used to it and not smell it any more. But everyone else can smell it, so keep your sprays to a couple.
- Wash your hair every other day instead of every day. The natural oils are very healthy for your hair. If your hair line feels oily on the second day use a dry shampoo.
- Don’t like to cook? Check out your local fresh grocery store. Most of them have fresh homemade meals you can take home. They are much healthier than take out.
1. When packing, avoid wrinkled clothing by rolling them or wrapping a plastic dry cleaner bag around them.
2. Adding lemon to your water restores the ph of your body.
3. Flying is very dehydrating, drink plenty of water.
4. Put eyeshadow on top of your eyeliner, it helps keep it in place all day. I use Sigma brush E30 or E65 to apply the eyeshadow on my eyeliner. Pictures below, I use E30 (left) for a more blown out, smoky look. I use E65 (right) for a more defined look.
5. Last but NOT least, the Jaclyn Hill Sigma Expert Beauty Box is back!!!!! YEAH!!!!! You asked, they delivered! They are back in limited supply. Once they are gone they are gone!! So don’t wait, get it NOW! Click here to purchase and enter SPRING2014 for 10% OFF your entire purchase!