I’ve really been enjoying a quick, more natural makeup look recently. In the past couple years it typically takes me about 30-45 minutes to do my makeup. But I do not want to spend that much time on a daily basis doing my makeup. So I’ve been playing around, trying to figure how to get my makeup look done in 20 minutes of less. I have been wearing my makeup like this for a while now, I don’t even miss the full glam with lashes.
As you can see from my makeup details I use a lot of powders. Don’t be scared of this! I have dry skin and all these powders do not dry me out. I feel this is what gives a smooth, glowing from within look. I’m not mentioning my foundation because I’m in the process of finding a new foundation. I’ve been using the same one for years and I know it’s time for something new and better. As soon as I find one I love I will let you know :)
Being in my 30’s, with 2 kids and a full time job, it’s very easy to get out of the loop of the best beauty products. I know I should be better at knowing what the best makeup is since I work around it all day long. But it’s so easy to get stuck in the same routine every day… 3 years later my routine isn’t working any more. I realized this recently and decided to update things!
I have been very fortunate to be around some of the best makeup artist in the industry to ask my questions, Jaclyn Hill and Nicole (lipsticknick). I mostly needed help with my face routine. I asked them both their favorites and purchased everything they said.
I’m sharing today everything they told me to get, plus a few of my picks.
1. Sisley Primer: I think a primer before foundation can make or break your foundation thru out the day. I have struggled finding the right primer for over a year. Within a couple hours of applying my foundation it breaks up and looks messy all over my face. Jaclyn has been telling me this is best primer but I haven’t wanted to spend the money on it. I finally broke down (after a year of bad foundation looks) and decided to try it. I’ve used it every day for the last 10 days with all different foundations and my makeup has not moved!!! At my age, with my many skin issues, this primer is worth the money to keep my foundation smooth and flawless all day long.
2. Too Face ‘Better Than Sex’ Mascara: This is a repurchase to me! It’s been my favorite mascara for more than a year. I can’t live without it! It makes my eyelashes thick and long.
3. Quai Finishing Cream: I love my hair to have that bedhead, lived in, messy look. With my blonde highlights I have to make sure I don’t use anything that makes my hair look dry. A cream that is lightweight is the perfect solution. I’ve used this several times in the last week and I’m in love! It’s lightweight and doesn’t weigh down my hair. It gives it lots of texture, body, shine and smooths out the ends.
4. & 5. Chanel Foundation & Powder: This is the foundation and powder that came recommended by Nicole. It’s what she used on me for the Halloween party. The foundation is incredible! It’s a medium to full coverage. I have applied a thin layer for a daytime look and it looks like natural skin (just better!). For a nighttime/going out look I apply a little more, it still has a natural look with more full coverage. It also feels weightless on my skin.
The loose powder is a great setting powder! I love using a big fluffy brush to apply all over my face to set my foundation. It feels amazing going on and give a smooth, gorgeous finish.
6. Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream: This is a hair product I can not live a day without! This is a holy grail product for me! I apply to wet hair before I blow dry my hair. It is moisturizing, texturizing, smoothes frizz, adds shine, heat protection, lightweight (won’t weigh down your hair)
7. Make Up Forever Eyeliner: I’ve always preferred an eyeliner, I’ve never mastered a gel liner. I love one that stays on and won’t budge, but yet will buff out as I’m blending my eyeshadow. This one is perfect!!!! It’s what I was wearing in my Halloween makeup look.
8. Kat Von D Shade & Face Contour Palette: I’ve really struggled with what powder to set my under eye area. I always feel like my under eye looks old and wrinkled. And that my makeup settles and creases really quickly. Jaclyn told me to get this palette and use the lightest color to set my under eye. It’s been life changing!!!! You can also purchase each color separately. I choose to purchase the whole palette because I may want to use the other colors.
9. Chanel Chance: I’m obsessed with pretty much all Chanel perfumes!! I think they are the best! My all time favorite fragrance for going out (more of a sexy fragrance) is Coco Chanel Mademoiselle (different than the traditional Coco Chanel fragrance). I also love their new Gabrielle fragrance. I’m probably thru half my bottle by now. I wanted to get this Chanel chance (pink color) because I was looking for a great daytime, light fragrance. I like to spray perfume every morning, no matter what. Even if I’m going to they gym. Ok… especially if I’m going the gym. I never want anyone to smell any sort of stick off of me. I give myself a few sprays every time I leave the house, and drench myself when I go to the gym :)
10. Quai Soft Mousse: I have very thick, naturally frizzy hair. But I’m always looking for something that can give me texture and volume. I’ve used this once and it seems perfect. It gave me tons of body in my hair and texture. While feeling soft and looking very natural.
11. Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick: Obsessed with this formula!!!!! I’ve heard it’s amazing and it did not disappoint! With all my liquid lipsticks, I take the time to apply 2-3 layers before I leave the house. Waiting several minutes in between applying each layer. The first time I wore this lip it was to a party, with a lot of eating and drinking. I wore the lip without reapplying for over 6 hours. When I got home I saw that the lip had not moved! Absolute perfection! The shade I have been wearing is ‘Lovecraft’. I plan on getting more shades :)
12. Charlotte Tilbury Perfecting Powder: Powder can be a tricky thing. We need it, but if it’s not good it can make your makeup look really bad. In my attempt to switch up my face routine I asked Jaclyn what powder she suggested for me. She told me to get this one. It just came in the mail today and I haven’t had a chance to use it yet. I swatched it and it looks amazing!! I can’t wait to try it and see what it does to my foundation routine.
13. Make Up Forever Foundation: This is the foundation that Jaclyn recommended to me. I have loved it! It is a full coverage foundation and gives my skin a flawless finish. It lasts all day without moving. Although it’s a full coverage it does not feel heavy on my skin. I wore it to a birthday party this past Saturday night and everyone kept asking what I did different to my makeup because it looked so good. I give all the credit to my new foundation!
The long awaited announcement is finally here! Jaclyn Hill (so weird for me to call her that because she’s my sister :) ) revealed her eyeshadow palette and the launch date!!!!!!!!
35 gorgeous custom shades releasing June 21, 2017
Jaclyn has been working on this palette for 2 years and it’s absolute perfection! The colors, the formulas, the packaging… the only way to describe it is perfect!
I have personally been using this palette every day for months. As soon as I got one in my hands I have never reached for another eyeshadow. It has every color I need to create any look I want.
These eyeshadows blend and apply like no others I have ever used. They go on like a dream!! They are so pigmented, I do not get fall out through out the day and the shadows never move on my lids.
Nothing like this has ever been done!!!!! No one has ever created 35 custom shades (the most gorgeous shades I have ever seen!) for $38!! Morphe and Jaclyn are changing the beauty industry, showing everyone that you can get the best quality for a great price.
Working with Jaclyn behind the scenes has been an honor. She is so creative and hard working. She loves and cares about her subscribers so much, she will not stop working until the final product is complete perfection. To watch her come up with ideas is being in the presence of a creative genius. Paired with her hard work, her dreams have become a reality.
I just started wearing this foundation a couple weeks ago and it is my absolute favorite foundation! I don’t know how it took me so long to find this?! It is an absolutely gorgeous finish! I am shade p20 for reference.
I’ve been ride or die for the Urban Decay setting spray for years. This one just came out and I’ve heard all the former UD setting spray lovers are switching over to this one. This is definitely one I need to try!
In the spring I like to wear my make up very fresh and light. I like to keep it more natural with a fun and happy lip color. I’m obsessed with this lip color! It’s so fresh and beautiful! The shade is so perfect for spring and summer.
I’m very hesitant to try matte lipsticks. They tend to feel so dry and uncomfortable on my lips. But this one feels amazing! It lasts all day long while still feeling incredible on my lips! The first day I wore it I was hooked! And I’ve been wearing it all week.
I finally ordered the Tarte Shape Shape concealer and it’s amazing! I don’t know why I waited so long. It has incredible coverage and doesn’t crease all day.
While I was ordering it I discovered the 21 days of beauty at Ulta. I wish I had discovered it sooner! Each day for 21 days they have different products on sale 50% off. They have amazing deals on some great products! Read More