I get asked all the time what my skin care routine is. My skin type is dry and sensitive. My biggest concerns with my skin is having it look dry, dull, tired, redness, pulled tight (not in a good way), wrinkles and minor texture. I use a lot of different products, and they are all for different reasons. If you have any questions please ask :)
After cleansing, I change up what I do for different nights of the week. Here is a weekly overview of what I do:
- Sunday: Exfoliate with Lush Ocean Salt Scrub, then GlamGlow PowerMud DualCleanse Treatment, followed by Peter Thomas Roth Eye Cream and Fresh Seaberry Oil or Josie Maran Argan Oil (some times I layer them)
- Monday: Dr Brandt Retinol Eye Cream and Fresh Peony Brightening Mask
- Tuesday & Friday: Cane & Austin Retexurizing Treatment Pads, followed by Cane & Austin Eye Cream and Moisturizer
- Wednesday & Saturday: Peter Thomas Roth Eye Cream and Fresh Seaberry Oil or Josie Maran Argan Oil (some times I layer them)
- Thursday: Exfoliate, Peter Thomas Roth Rose Mask (only if needed), Dr Brandt Retinol Eye Cream and Fresh Peony Brightening Mask
- Every day: Water, water, water! I try to drink at least 100 oz of water a day, some times more.
When I am doing my skin care nightly routine I always listen to my skin. If it looks dry, I will use the PTR eye cream and beauty oil. But if my skin has texture I will do my glycolic treatment. My schedule is not strict, I first look at my skin to see if it needs something specific that night. Notice on Sunday I am doing a little mini facial. On Sunday’s I put my kids to bed a little early and take some time for myself to pamper my skin. Always set some time aside for you. Side note- on mornings that I work out I cleanse and moisture both before and after I work out.
How to use each product:
- Cleanser: Click here to read my post on how to wash your face
- Using a cleanser with clarisonic: I squirt some cleanser on the brush head of the clarisonic then use the clarisonic as they instruct.
- Exfoliate: Apply some product to your finger tips, gently massage in circular motions to a wet, clean face. Thoroughly rinse off.
- GlamGlow Mask: Apply to a clean face and let it sit for 10 minutes. With wet hands massage the mask into your face. It will turn into an oil and you want to massage it in. Then thoroughly rinse your face and gently pat dry. You want to keep as much of the oil on your face as possible so don’t rub your face with a towel.
- Eye Cream: Click here to read on how to apply eye cream. Always apply eye cream to a clean face before your moisturizer, beauty oil or night mask.
- Moisturizer and Beauty Oils: Apply a small amount to your finger tips and apply to the skin where needed.
- Fresh Peony Brightening Mask: Apply to the face just as you would a moisturizer, making sure to cover the entire face in a thin layer.
- Cane & Austin Glyolic Products: First cleanse skin, then take 1 retexurizing pad and gently rub it around your face, avoiding eye area and mouth. Wait about 10 minutes for the product to fully soak into the skin. Then follow with the eye cream and moisturizer.
Why I use each product:
- Fresh Soy Cleanser: Cleansing is so important! This is the only cleanser that washes off my makeup, gets my skin clean, and is extremely gentle.
- Clarisonic Mia 2: This helps me get a really deep clean and helps with any skin texture.
- Fresh Lotus Moisturizer: This is a heavy enough moisturizer to give the hydration my skin needs. When it soaks in my skin feels like silk and makes a perfect base for applying makeup.
- Lush Ocean Salt Scrub: Exfoliating is key to getting off dead skin cells and keeping the skin looking fresh. I think this one does a great job.
- Fresh Seaberry Oil & Josie Maran Argan Oil: Both of these are amazing! This is such an amazing way to hydrate the skin, making it look dewy and glowing.
- Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Eye Cream: I use this when my eye area needs moisture. This eye cream is very thick and does the job.
- Dr Brandt Retinol Eye Cream: I use this for dark circles under my eyes. This brightens up my under eye, making me look rested and awake. This eye cream also helps a lot with fine lines and wrinkles.
- GlamGlow PowerMud Treatment: This deep cleans and hydrates all in 1. It pulls out all the yucky stuff that your face has collected then gives it a big dose of moisture. I choose to follow this treatment by using beauty oils then going to bed. Next morning my skin looks great.
- Fresh Peony Brightening Mask: This is used for the same reason as the Dr Brandt eye cream, to brighten and lighten the skin.
- Peter Thomas Roth Rose Mask: This mask is gentle enough to be used daily. This mask brings moisture and calms down any redness or irritation. I will use this any time I feel like I need it.
- Cane & Austin Glycolic products: All of these products are used for skin texture and tone, wrinkles, rebuilding collagen, dullness, large pores, break outs. These products are ah-mazing!
List of all products I use:
Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
Fresh Lotus Moisturizer
Clarisonic Mia 2
Lush Ocean Salt Scrub
GlamGlow PowerMud DualCleanse Treatment
Fresh Seaberry Oil
Josie Maran Argan Oil
Fresh Peony Brightening Night Mask
Peter Thomas Roth Rose Mask
Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Intensive Anti-Aging Eye Cream
Dr Brandt Retinol Eye Cream
Cane & Austin Retexuring Treatment Pads
Cane & Austin Corrective Treatment Eye Cream
Cane & Austin Moisture Cream