Sorry I’ve been away for so long, I have been sick the last 10 days. Now I’m healthy and back :)
I’m always looking for the best skin care products, especially to help with my dry skin. I was doing a lot of reading about natural products that are good for eczema. I ended up ordering organic raw shae butter. What I didn’t know about raw shae butter is it comes as a block, I have to scrape off what I want to use, warm it in my hand, then rub on this thick waxy product on my body. It’s very effective in curing dry skin, but very impractical for my life. So I found this recipe to make my own body butter. It is Amazing!!!!! It is rich, creamy and luxurious, I feel like a Queen when I’m using it. And the best part, it is inexpensive to make! Here is how to make it~
1. Melt Shae Butter and Coconut Oil in a double boiler. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
2. Stir in Almond Oil, Vitamin E Oil and essential oils (if you are using).
3. Place mixture in freezer to chill for 30-45 minutes, until partially solidified.
4. Whip up (I used my Kitchen Aid mixer) until it’s a butter-like consistency. If it is not whipping up, put it back in the freezer and cool longer.
5. Put in a clean glass jar.
6. A little goes a long way and you will notice softer skin right away!
7. Keep at room temperature. Has a shelf life of several months.
If you are looking for something more simple and easier to make, I haven’t forgotten about you ladies who don’t want to do all these steps.
*1 Cup Organic Raw Shae Butter
*1/4 Cup Oil (Almond Oil or Vitamin E Oil)
Put it in a Kitchen Aid mixer on a medium high speed for 15 minutes.
Your skin is the largest organ of the body. It will absorb anything you are putting on it, and this includes any chemicals in your lotions and scrubs. Make sure you are taking good care of your skin ladies.
Now I’m off to have a fun shopping day with my mom and my daughter!
Have a Happy Saturday xoxo