This time of year is my favorite time of year! It’s a time to join with family and friends to celebrate the holidays. I love to slow down and reflect on everything I am thankful for. What I’m most thankful for is my husband and children. I know that sounds cliche, but I really am. My husband is the most amazing man anyone will ever meet. He is selfless, patient, kind, hardworking, best dad in the world and loves me so much! From the depths of my heart I am thankful for my children!! John and I struggled to have a baby and it was a very difficult time for us. Now we have 2 beautiful healthy children. We thank God every single day for our 2 blessings. I am truly a blessed woman!
For Thanksgiving we always have all the traditional food; turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, etc. And my favorite dish is a family traditional dish, Cherry Cream Pie. I grew up with my Mom making pumpkin pie and cherry cream pie every year. It is so delicious! (and easy, shhh!) I want to share the recipe with you, maybe it will become one of your favorites too. Thank you to my beautiful Momma for allowing me to share this family recipe.
Recipe for Cherry Cream Pie
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 Cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- about 1 Cup cool whip
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Add lemon juice to sweetened condensed milk, stir.
- Stir in vanilla & almond extract.
- Add cool whip and stir.
- Pour into graham cracker crust and refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- Add cherries to top of pie just before serving.
- I like to refrigerate the cherries before putting them on the pie. Waiting to add the cherries just before serving helps to keep the crust from getting soggy.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!