In the last four weeks I have only been home 3 days. My husband, I and our kids drove to Florida to spend time with my family and vacation. We drove home, 2 days later I was on a plane to New York. I just got home Tuesday night. Between all the traveling (and getting sick), I haven’t worked out at all. I mean, who wants to work out while on vacation in Florida? And in New York, there was no time. I am used to working out a 3-4 times a week. With taking a 4 week break from exercise I have noticed major changes in my body, and I’m not just talking about loss of muscle or weight gain.
Here are all the changes I have noticed in my body. And as always, I’m going to be open and honest no matter what!
- Headaches all day every day.
- Exhausted, no matter how much sleep I get.
- My skin and overall complexion is blotchy, with more break outs and clogged pores.
- Stronger BO in less time after a shower.
- More sugar and junk food cravings.
- Unable to concentrate as much.
- Irregular and uncomfortable BM’s.
- Strong cramps during my period (they are usually mild).
- Uncomfortable pains in stomach for no reason.
Today I went to the gym for the first time in 4 weeks and worked up a good sweat. At first I didn’t want to work out at all, very little motivation! But once I got going it felt so good!!!! After a 40 minute work out I felt so much healthier. I had more energy, my headache was gone and I felt calmer.
Doing this little unintentional experiment on myself made me realize just how important exercise is. I don’t exercise only to have my body stay in shape. I do it for overall better health! My body, mind, life and well-being all get major benefits from exercise!!!!
Getting 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week is all you need to see improvements in your health. I challenge you to try this! It doesn’t matter what you do for exercise, just get moving. Here is a list of some of the benefits of exercise:
- Improves Sleep
- Prevents weight gain, promotes weight loss
- Improves mood, reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Gives energy
- Reduces risk of health conditions and diseases
- Improves sex life
- Keeps the brain fit and improves learning
- Helps control addiction
Instead of working out to have a perfect body, work out to have a healthy body!!!!