Dry shampoo really is one of my best friends. I don’t know how I used to live without it. There are so many reasons I use dry shampoo, here are my top 5 reasons:
- Skip shampoos. This is probably the most obvious reason. Using dry shampoo on dirty hair removes the look of oil and makes the hair look fresh and clean. Allowing you to go another day without shampooing.
- Saves lots of time. You get to skip the whole process of washing, putting in products, then blow drying. I always save a good 20 minutes! Time that can be spent doing other things, like extra makeup steps, stopping for your fave latte, or sleep!
- Use on clean hair for texture and volume. Let’s face it, dirty hair is easier to style. I always like my hair better on the 2nd or 3rd day. On the day I wash my hair I spray dry shampoo in at the roots for volume and through out my hair for texture. It gives my hair that grit I need so I can style my hair how I want.
- Keeps my hair healthier. Hair is the most fragile when it’s wet. By skipping shampoos it saves you from using heat tools on your hair every day, so your hair stays healthier. Plus letting all those natural oils sit on your hair is very healthy and hydrating.
- For blondes, it is a great way to cover up those dark roots. I am guilty of never pre-booking my next highlight appointment. I walk out of the salon and continue on with my life, never thinking about when I should go in next to get them touched up. Then one day I wake up and my roots went from livable to “oh my gosh I need to get these done today!” And of course I can’t get in for at least a week. So in that time I spray dry shampoo that is white on my roots. It lightens the color a ton and I can make my hair stretch another week.
About a month ago I shared on snapchat that Sephora sent me these 5 dry shampoos. As someone who is dry shampoo obsessed I was so excited to try them all!!! Here are my favorites:
The first one I grabbed for is the Amika Perk Up. Of course because of the packaging! It’s so pretty and fun! This one is the lightest and smells the best. If you aren’t looking for a heavy dry shampoo or your hair already has a lot of texture this one is perfect. I love the lightness of it, I can’t feel it in my hair. My hair is still so touchable and looks freshly washed. And the smell is amazing!!
I have used this dry shampoo from Drybar for over a year now and it’s still a favorite. This one is more intense. It can cover up even the most oily and dirty hair. It will give your hairs tons of texture, volume and grit. Spray it in at the roots all around the head, then run a blow dryer through your hair. I just use my hands and mess my hair around while using the hair dryer. This is great to use even on the same day you wash your hair just to give texture and volume.
And this Living Proof dry shampoo is your perfect middle of the road dry shampoo! If Goldilocks was looking for a dry shampoo she would pick this one. I find myself reaching for this one a lot. It freshens the hair, gives texture and volume and has a very mild (but nice) smell. If you haven’t ever used dry shampoo this one is the perfect one to start with.
Thank you Sephora for collaborating with me on this post