This is the time of year when you need to get out your winter coat (unless you live in Florida or Texas). I feel like a good coat is very important. First off, you need to stay warm!! Next, you wear your coat every single day and it’s the first thing (some times only thing) that other people see. A nice coat is an investment, it will last you years. Living in a cold weather climate I have several winter coats all for different occasions. I like to wear a down coat for my more casual looks and a wool coat for nicer looks. Check out my favorite coats (some of them are on sale!):
Top: So similar here, here
Jeans: Current Elliott (on sale)
Scarf: Nordstrom (on sale)
Booties: Vince Camuto (on sale)
Bag: Rebcecca Minkoff Avery Tote, also love this, this
Earrings: House of Harlow
Sunglasses: Michael by Michael Kors (on sale)
Lips: MAC ‘Snob’ + Gerard Cosmetics ‘Butter Cream’, use code rachel for 25% off sitewide
For me, fall means a cozy sweater and scarf. There is something so comforting to get bundled up in something so cozy and warm. Especially when I have a hot latte in my hand, it’s what makes me love fall so much. A sweater can add bulk to your body, so I always pair it with skinny jeans to balance it out.
- After applying your moisturizer with 20-30 minutes to apply foundation. You want your moisturizer to completely soak into your skin. This will also help to avoid creasing in your foundation.
- The correct way to use a bobby pin is wavy side down against the head. Weird I know! The bobby pin stays in so much better.
- Using a makeup setting spray gives your makeup longevity. For me personally, when I use a setting spray my makeup lasts without creasing or moving a minimum 10 hours, usually much longer. Think of it as hair spray for your makeup. I use Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray to set my makeup just as it is, and Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray to give my skin a more dewy look.
- Some times after washing your face you still have some eye makeup around your eyes. Take a q-tip with a little lotion on it and gently wipe it off.
- Buy your jeans as tight as you can fit into, they always stretch 1/2 size. Then never put them in the dryer, always air dry!! The dryer breaks down the elastic/spandex in the jeans. That’s when your jeans start stretching out when wearing them… so back into the dryer to shrink back the size… all the while breaking down the denim and shortening the life of your jeans. When you air dry your jeans they always stay the same size as the initial stretch.
This time of year means lots of sales, YEAH! Buy something for yourself or start your Holiday shopping early. Here are the sales that are ending soon:
- Nordstrom Clearance Sale, up to 40% off, free shipping & free returns on all orders, ends November 11th
- Sephora VIB 20% off entire purchase, free shipping on orders over $50, ends November 10th (today!)
- J. Crew 25% off select with code GETWARM, ends November 11th
- Macy’s 30% off with code VETS, ends November 11th
- West Elm 15% off with code YIPPEE, ends November 10th
Nordstrom is having a Clearance Sale, up to 40% off with free shipping and returns. Check out some of my favorites from the sale:
I hope you enjoy and have fun shopping these amazing deals!
Fur Vest: Kristen Blake (on sale), so similar here (also on sale)
Booties: Vince Camuto, save, splurge
Bag: Old, similar here, save, splurge
Bracelet: Nordstrom, similar here, save, splurge
Lip: Bite Beauty ‘Cava’ Lipstick + NARS ‘Turkish Delight’ Lipgloss (also available here)
With all the fall colors right now it’s really fun to mix things up with a bright color like this teal dress. I love dresses like this, they are so comfortable and so easy to wear. I am loving these new booties I just got. I’ve been on the search for a great pair of black booties for months now, as soon as I saw these they had to be mine. And again, comfortable! If you recognize this fur vest it’s because I wore it here in this look. I’ve also worn it with my leather leggings and over the knee boots. This vest is quickly becoming one of my favorite pieces I have purchased this fall.
Nordstrom Clearance Sale starts today. Up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. It includes everything from clothing, shoes, handbags, jewelry and accessories. And don’t forget about Men’s and Children’s. I’m looking at booties from Vince, Rag & Bone and Via Spiga.